Thursday, March 30, 2006

No No Nos, Josh Homme, Hot Chip, Art Brut, SXSW

LA Weekly isn't down with SHOW YOUR BONES, but I am still sticking to my guns.

There is a funny interview with Eagles of Death Metal/Queens of the Stone Age band member, Josh Homme. Consider yourself 'stached. Homme seems like he is a pretty fun interview. I couldn't stop laughing at the one he did for Pitchfork. His sense of humor goes out the door pretty fast if you throw a beer bottle at him, as we witnessed last year at the 9:30 Club. More on that show later.

Other goodies at LA Weekly are an article on Hot Chip (see JK's mp3 links below for a nibble), another on Art Brut (I know it's a month after the fact) that makes me want to go check them out at either Black Cat or the Ottobar in B'more (or perhaps hold out 'til Coachella) simply because the lead singer sounds like a badass, and a blow by blow from SXSW (from last week) that covers a lot of bands we have been talking about lately.

No comments: