Saturday, March 29, 2008

In the Rotation

Unfortunately, due to our schedules, posts have become less frequent on Metro D. So now that we're reaching the end of the first 1/4 of 2008 I thought I'd take this opportunity to point out the albums and songs that I've been enjoying most (since I haven't posted much about this stuff). I decided to be a bit more systematic and use the star ratings on my ipod to help differentiate. I've divided the number of songs by the total number of stars. (For some reason, it sounded cooler than it writes when I started this...)

2008 Releases

The Black Keys: Attack & Release
Avg: 1.82


[Buy]
MP3: The Black Keys - "Strange Times"

Fleet Foxes: Sun Giant EP
Avg: 1.8


[Buy]
MP3: Fleet Foxes - "Mykonos"

Tokyo Police Club: Elephant Shell
Avg: 1.72


[Buy]

Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks: Real Emotional Trash
Avg: 1.7


[Buy]

Cloud Cult: Feel Good Ghosts
Avg: 1.69


[Buy]

Foals: Antidotes
Avg: 1.64


[Buy]

Silver Jews: Lookout Mountain, Lookout Sea
Avg: 1.6

British Sea Power: Do You Like Rock Music?
Avg: 1.5


[Buy]

Constantines: Kensington Heights
Avg: 1.5


[Buy]

Tapes 'n Tapes: Walk It Off
Avg: 1.33


[Buy]

Grand Archives: s/t (1.27), Vampire Weekend: s/t (1.18), Black Mountain: In The Future (1)

My 4 Star-Rated Songs in order of preference:
Fleet Foxes - "Mykonos" [MP3]
Silver Jews - "San Francisco B.C."
Black Mountain - "Tyrants"
Tokyo Police Club - "Tessellate"
Foals - "Red Sock Pugie"
These New Puritans - "Elvis"
Constantines - "Our Age"
Tokyo Police Club - "Your English is Good"
Stephen Malkmus - "Gardenia"
Cloud Cult - "The Ghost Inside Our House"
Grand Archives - "Sleepdriving"

No comments: