Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Random Year End Top Tens

NME is out of hand. Seriously. I want what they are smoking. Half the list is on and then the other half is out of control. I have a few more spots to solidify on my list; I am still waiting for my copies of Hell Hath No Fury and Blood Mountain and I am trying to figure out a few mysteries. Notably, Show Your Bones and Boys And Girls In America have my head spinning. I know they are good, I know I like them, I am just trying to figure out how much, and over which albums. Until then...

NME.com
10. My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade
9. Kasabian - Empire
8. The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth

7. The Long Blondes - Someone To Drive You Home
6. Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
5. CSS - Cansei De Ser Sexy
4. Hot Chip - The Warning
3. Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
2. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Show Your Bones

1. Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Amazon.com
10. Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
9. Sparklehorse - Dreamt for Light Years in the Belly of a Mountain
8. Los Amigos Invisibles - Superpop Venezuela
7. Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
6. John Mayer - Continuum
5. Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
4. KT Tunstall - Eye to the Telescope

3. The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
2. Bob Dylan - Modern Times
1. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood

Chromewaves
Eric Bachmann - To The Races
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood

Cat Power - The Greatest
The Decemberists - The Crane Wife
Early Day Miners - Offshore
The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls In America
Land of Talk - Applause Cheer Boo Hiss
Margot & The Nuclear So And So's - The Dust of Retreat
The Mountain Goats - Get Lonely
Shearwater - Palo Santo

Metacritic
10. Los Lobos - The Town and the City
9. Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
8. Subtle - For Hero: For Fool

7. Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
6. TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
5. Bob Dylan - Modern Times
4. Joanna Newsom - Ys
3. Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

2. Tom Waits - Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards
1. Ali Farka Toure - Savane

Gorilla vs. Bear
13. J Dilla - Donuts
12. Cansei De Ser Sexy - CSS
11. Peter and the Wolf - Lightness
10. Hot Chip - The Warning

9. Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
8. Beach House - Beach House
7. Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up I Am Dreaming
6. Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
5. Love Is All - Nine Times That Same Song
4. Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
3. Joanna Newsom - Ys
2. Midlake - The Trials of Van Occupanther

1. The Knife - Silent Shout

No comments: